Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Nikita Sawant <ni...@netscape.com> on 2001/06/05 02:28:05 UTC

Xerces 1.2.0

Hi,

We use Xerces 1.2.0 in our multithreaded server. The server crashes if
we
run it on a multi-cpu solaris machine, it runs fine if we run it on a
single CPU machine.

Am I missing something when I compile the xerces library ?? Has Xerces
been tested to
run on multi-cpu machines ??

Thanks,
Nikita

Re: Xerces 1.2.0

Posted by Nikita Sawant <ni...@netscape.com>.
Even though we have the patch installed we still have the server crash problem:

Will  the following code cause any problems

//implementation of the constructor.
EcxStyleSheets::EcxStyleSheets(const char *fname):bad_(0){
  errorMsg = NULL;
  DOMParser parser;
  parser.setValidationScheme(SAXParser::Val_Always);
  //set our erro handlers so that we can catch the
  //locations at which the errors occured.
  parser.setErrorHandler(this);
  parser.setToCreateXMLDeclTypeNode(true);

  //get the file.
  LocalFileInputSource input((DOMString(fname).rawBuffer()));
  try{
    //parse.
    parser.parse(input);
    //hold a reference to the generated document.
    document = parser.getDocument();  // document is a member variable
  }catch(...){
    //nothing to do here.
  }
}

//implementation of the destructor.
EcxStyleSheets::~EcxStyleSheets(){
  if(errorMsg) delete errorMsg;
}

In the code above parser goes out of scope after the constructor executes,
however we do
have the document variable which is used later. Will this cause problems ??
Also will having multiple instances of the
parser in one thread cause problems ??

When I ran our server in a Debugger, here is what I got (stack trace):

 I get a signal BUS (invalid address alignment) in NamedNodeMapImpl::removeAll
at line 145 in file "NamedNodeMapImpl.cpp" error.

  ThreadBootStrap(0x626740, 0xfdee3d18, 0x0, 0x5, 0x1, 0xfe401000)
   NSWrkThread::Run(0x626740, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
   ECXParse::Process(this = 0x6c97c0, pkt = 0x6a1638)
   ECXParse::parseFile(this = 0x6c97c0)
   CustomParserImpl::parse(this = 0xfc70570c, pRdr = 0x6a5790)
   EcxXmlProcessor::parse(0x798b58, 0xfc705664, 0xfc705664, 0x798b58, 0x0,
0xfc7055e0)
   EcxStyleSheets::~EcxStyleSheets(this = 0x6f7e78, delete = 3)
   DOM_Document::~DOM_Document(this = 0x6f7e7c, delete = 2)
   DOM_Node::~DOM_Node(this = 0x6f7e7c, delete = 0)
   RefCountedImpl::removeRef(thisNode = 0x6a5cb0)
   DocumentImpl::unreferenced(this = 0x6a5cb0)
   NodeImpl::deleteIf(thisNode = 0x6a5cb0)
   NodeImpl::deleteIf(thisNode = 0x757c30)
   NodeImpl::deleteIf(thisNode = 0x767d90)
   NodeImpl::deleteIf(thisNode = 0x703960)
   ElementImpl::~ElementImpl(this = 0x703960, delete = 3)
   NamedNodeMapImpl::removeAll(this = 0x6952d8)

I have been working on this issue for quite a while ..

Any kind of help is highly appreciated

Thanks,
Nikita

Re: Xerces 1.2.0

Posted by Nikita Sawant <ni...@netscape.com>.
Thanks Dean,

I will install the patch and test again.

Nikita

Re: Xerces 1.2.0

Re: Xerces 1.2.0

Posted by Nikita Sawant <ni...@netscape.com>.