Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Rajesh parab <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/13 19:47:59 UTC

Double Quotes and TermQuery

Hi Everyone,

I understand that QueryParser allows searches using
double quote characters.

I was wondering if the double quote will also work
with TermQuery.

I am not using QueryParser in my application and
constructing queries (TermQuery, RangeQuery,
BooleanQuery, etc.) explicitly. But, it looks like
double quotes are not working with TermQuery.

For example:
query = new TermQuery(new Term("location", "\"san
mateo\""))

Any help/pointers will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Rajesh

Re: Double Quotes and TermQuery

Posted by karl wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.
13 feb 2007 kl. 19.47 skrev Rajesh parab:

> I am not using QueryParser in my application and
> constructing queries (TermQuery, RangeQuery,
> BooleanQuery, etc.) explicitly. But, it looks like
> double quotes are not working with TermQuery.
>
> For example:
> query = new TermQuery(new Term("location", "\"san
> mateo\""))
>
> Any help/pointers will be much appreciated.

Is it perhaps PhraseQuery or SpanNearQuery you are looking for?

--
karl