Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Anirudha Jadhav <an...@nyu.edu> on 2013/05/22 20:53:41 UTC

hostname -> ipaddress change in solr4.0 to solr4.1+

Logging/UI used to show hostname in 4.0 in 4.1+ it switched to ip addresses

is this by design or a bug/side effect ?

its pretty painful to look at ip addresses, I am planning to change.

let me know if you have any concerns

--
Anirudha

Re: hostname -> ipaddress change in solr4.0 to solr4.1+

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 5/22/2013 12:53 PM, Anirudha Jadhav wrote:
> Logging/UI used to show hostname in 4.0 in 4.1+ it switched to ip addresses
>
> is this by design or a bug/side effect ?

If you are talking about SolrCloud, this was an intentional change.  By
including a host property either on the Solr startup command or in
solr.xml, you can force SolrCloud to use hostnames.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud#SolrCloud_Instance_Params

If you aren't talking about SolrCloud, can you give specific examples of
what you are seeing?

Thanks,
Shawn