Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org> on 2018/05/14 19:06:12 UTC

Thin clients features wiki page

Hello Igniters,

I've created a new page in wiki, that summarizes a features
availability of thin clients. It should help us to plan development
of thin clients while also helping out users to understand a state
of clients.

Check it out and tell me what you think. And if there are some
mistakes, don't hesitate telling me.

[1] -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Thin+clients+features

Best Regards,
Igor

Re: Thin clients features wiki page

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.
I've updated the table.

Best Regards,
Igor

Posted by Alexey Kosenchuk <al...@nobitlost.com>.
Not applicable for NodeJS client as there are no threads in NodeJS (only
processes) [1]

Just in case - of course, it's possible to run multiple
queries/operations concurrently from one thread/process.
Eg. see Promise.all in CachePutGetExample.js and AuthTlsExample.js
examples [2]

Is Java thin client really not thread-safe?

Is thread-safety a mandatory req for all clients (where it is applicable)?

-Alexey

[1] https://nodejs.org/en/about/
[2]
https://github.com/nobitlost/ignite/tree/master/modules/platforms/nodejs/examples