Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Akira Murakami <mu...@acroquest.co.jp> on 2016/05/26 07:17:43 UTC

[users@httpd] SSL problem related to ServerName directive

Hi,

I am trying to use Apache 2.2.21 and Subversion 1.18.11
with OpenSSL 1.0.2h on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.

I have a problem which is related to ServerName directive on httpd-ssl.conf.

When I type in the host name of URL such as "www.example.com" on ServerName
directive,
the Browser(IE) shows error message stating that "Internet Explorer cannot
display the webpage".

But when I type machine name of server on ServerName directive,
the browser shows correct page.
Even though I can access the browser with this method, I still cannot
access SVN client because of SSL hand-shake error.

Any help is appreciated.

FW: [users@httpd] SSL problem related to ServerName directive

Posted by "Kothapalli, Suresh" <su...@hpe.com>.
This is related to DSN issue. Enter  primary host IP address corresponding dsn name in the windows host file .
Ex:

127.0.0.1          Example

	When I type in the host name of URL such as "www.example.com <http://www.example.com> " on ServerName

Re: [users@httpd] SSL problem related to ServerName directive