Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com> on 2007/12/22 21:26:12 UTC

XWork and S2 version compatibility

Now that my emails appear to be going through... Here's one of the two
emails that were lost last time.

Hey, just wanted to ping the list and see if anyone else is having some
concerns about the compatibility between versions of XWork and S2? I've
been upgrading a plugin from 2.0 to 2.1 and it is a large overhaul. What
are the compatibility types between versions of these projects supposed
to be because it seems that they are not compatible at all across minor
versions like 2.0 to 2.1. I'm assuming then that compatibility is only
guaranteed between patch versions on the same minor line, which might
not be the case.

The main reason I ask is that as it stands S2 opens up a large world for
plugins and compatibility really needs to be thought about so that we
don't end up breaking all the plugins and forcing those developers to
upgrade each time we do a minor (i.e. 2.0 to 2.1) release.

-bp