Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> on 2009/06/02 04:48:22 UTC

[imap] builds broken

It seems the ant build is broken because protocol-tester require junit
jar in base libs and not test libs.

Maven build also fails (see hudson). Didn't try to fix it as I see
"r777534	22/05/09 16:08	13	rdonkin	Fix maven build" that removed the
dependencymanagement and the stage, so I don't know what's going on.

Stefano

Re: [imap] builds broken

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 3:48 AM, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
> It seems the ant build is broken because protocol-tester require junit
> jar in base libs and not test libs.

thanks - i suspect that gentoo adds junit onto the ant classpath

it's hard for me to test the fix so let's see if the next run is fixed

perhaps it'd be better to drop the ant build...

> Maven build also fails (see hudson). Didn't try to fix it as I see
> "r777534        22/05/09 16:08  13      rdonkin Fix maven build" that removed the
> dependencymanagement and the stage, so I don't know what's going on.

the maven build wasn't working for me so i switched to a separate
parent pom (parent/pom.xml) leaving the master pom for aggregation.
(this sometimes works better for projects with lots of modules.)

as well as switching split inheritance and aggreegation, the other
change was group ID for jmock needed to be org.jmock. i'm not sure
where the old reference is coming from. i've deleted the staged
version with the old group id and double checked. maybe that'll help.

thanks for looking into this

- robert