Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <gd...@apache.org> on 2013/12/12 10:51:31 UTC

Contribution model

Hi,

I'd like to have some clarifications on the model for accepting
contributions from the community.

The traditional way is to open a Jira issue, post a patch, wait for review
and +1 and then commit.
However I have seen some pull requests from github in Jiras. Is this going
to be the preferred way to provide patches moving forward? Or are text
patches still the way to go?

Gianmarco

Re: Contribution model

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 4:51 AM, Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <
gdfm@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to have some clarifications on the model for accepting
> contributions from the community.
>
> The traditional way is to open a Jira issue, post a patch, wait for review
> and +1 and then commit.
> However I have seen some pull requests from github in Jiras. Is this going
> to be the preferred way to provide patches moving forward? Or are text
> patches still the way to go?

The community needs to document all valid ways of contributing.  This will
be evolving as the move to Apache continues.  Pull requests to
apache/incubator-storm or JIRA tickets with patches should both be valid
IMO.