Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu> on 2018/06/09 18:52:55 UTC

Re: Persistent store is Full, 100% of 107374182400. Stopping producer

For checking the DLQ, an easy option is to use the web console or a JMX
viewer such as JConsole to look at stats for the queue named ActiveMQ.DLQ.
Alternatively, you can follow the instructions on this page (
http://activemq.apache.org/why-do-kahadb-log-files-remain-after-cleanup.html)
to determine which destinations have unconsumed messages that are keeping
your KahaDB files alive, which has the advantage of telling you which
destination even if it's not the DLQ.

As for the question of why the broker believes that it's using more of the
persistence store than what is used on disk, it's very possible that
there's a bug, but I wonder if maybe you're using compressed messages and
so perhaps the amount of bytes on disk are fewer (due to compression) than
the size of their actual content. I've not been able to check the source
code yet to see whether the usage for the persistent store is based on the
uncompressed size, so this might all be moot, but are your messages being
sent compressed or uncompressed?

Also, does the broker show the same percent utilization after a restart? If
the number changes significantly following a broker restart, then this is
definitely a bug; it not, there's likely something else (such as
compression) going on.

Tim