Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Joe Faith <jo...@northumbria.ac.uk> on 2011/04/01 10:43:06 UTC

memory leak fix

I'm running roller 4.0.1 on tomcat 6.0.29 on redhat 4.1.2

http://fundraisingskills.co.uk/news/

but I'm getting intermittent memory leak problems:

SEVERE: The web application [/news] created a ThreadLocal with key of
type [null] (value
[com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl$10@1de501]) and a value of
type [com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.InternalContext[]] (value
[[Lcom.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.InternalContext;@1299f32]) but failed
to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely
to create a memory leak.

I've seen that a fix is available by upgrading from xwork-2.0.4 (the
current version)

http://jira.opensymphony.com/browse/XW-560

but wondered what's the best version to upgrade to.

And can I just drop in the new jar or are there any other dependencies

Thanks

joe

Re: memory leak fix

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Joe Faith <jo...@northumbria.ac.uk> wrote:
> Thanks, that fix seems to work and no problems found (so far)
> Could the updated later version be included in the next version of Roller?

Roller 5 includes the latest version of Struts and XWork.

- Dave

RE: memory leak fix

Posted by Joe Faith <jo...@northumbria.ac.uk>.

Re: memory leak fix