Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2005/07/28 02:44:48 UTC

Jetty Max Threads Patch

Matt,
	If you're up to it, can you submit an additional patch for the
Jetty connectors to fully implement

modules/j2ee/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/j2ee/management/geronimo/WebConnector.java

	I've verified that the underlying product supports all the methods
in there (I put the URLs in the JavaDoc).  There's also a
SecureConnector.java interface in the same dir for the SSL connector.

Thanks,
	Aaron

Re: Jetty Max Threads Patch

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.

David Jencks wrote:
> You might look at the dynamic attributes used in
> ManagedConnectionFactoryWrapper, AdminObjectWrapper, and
> ResourceAdapterWrapper.  They require some xml up front from ra.xml to
> determine the exposed properties, but don't require extra
> code/implementation class.

I'll have a look.

> I am still not happy with the idea of
> exposing stuff purely by reflection without a definite indication of
> some sort that it is really intended to be exposed.

In this instance it should not be an issue.  I basically extended what
is done already today in Tomcat.  The Tomcat digester runs all of its
xml parameters as found in the server.xml and context.xml through the
IntrospectionUtils, and thus it operates on properties purely through
reflection.  I am simply doing the same with the Gbeans.  The last thing
I want to do is take away functionality from the Tomcat piece.  We
should be minimally matching this functionality.  Without allowing for
dynamic attributes or properties through reflection, we would be taking
away functionality from Tomcat.  If you can come up with a better way, I
would love to hear about it...but I honestly cannot see any other
alternative.

Jeff

Re: Jetty Max Threads Patch

Posted by David Jencks <dj...@gluecode.com>.
You might look at the dynamic attributes used in
ManagedConnectionFactoryWrapper, AdminObjectWrapper, and
ResourceAdapterWrapper.  They require some xml up front from ra.xml to
determine the exposed properties, but don't require extra
code/implementation class.  I am still not happy with the idea of

Re: Jetty Max Threads Patch

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.

Re: Jetty Max Threads Patch

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.