Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2003/02/06 09:48:18 UTC

Moving the mailinglists?

Hi,

what do you think about

ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org -> dev@ant.apache.org
ant-user@jakarta.apache.org -> user@ant.apache.org

This move should be as smooth as possible (i.e. all posts to the old
address get properly forwarded, all subscribers get transferred),
which seems to be do-able judging from the move of some lists from
xml.apache.org to ws.apache.org.

If there is consensus here, I'd ask apmail for help (unless Sam beats
me to it 8-).

Stefan

Re: Moving the mailinglists?

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 09:48:18AM +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what do you think about
>
> ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org -> dev@ant.apache.org
> ant-user@jakarta.apache.org -> user@ant.apache.org

Be aware that 'users' (not 'user') seems to be the current standard for
top-level projects (users@httpd.apache.org, users@avalon.apache.org).

--Jeff

Re: Moving the mailinglists?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
+1, though I'm still happy w/ ant-dev and ant-user; gives us longer term
flexibility

the xml-axis list has just moved. some fun points have proved to be

-the old unsubscribe address going away
-bugzilla

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> wrote:

> +1, though I'm still happy w/ ant-dev and ant-user; gives us longer
> term flexibility

You mean ant-dev@ant instead of dev@ant?

I don't care too much, others?

> the xml-axis list has just moved. some fun points have proved to be
>
> -bugzilla

Good, we can build upon that 8-)

Once we move the lists I'll ask Pier to add the new dev list address
as user and make this the default owner for all bugs.  I don't think
we must move all bugs that are assigned to ant-dev.

> -the old unsubscribe address going away

This should be something to mention in the mail that announces the
move - after it has been done.

Thanks

        Stefan

Re: Moving the mailinglists?