Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Abul Salek <ab...@sectigo.com> on 2019/06/13 15:49:03 UTC

ACME support in Apache web server

Hello,

Is there a plan to support the "external account binding" feature of ACME
(RFC 8555) natively in the Apache web server?

Best regards,

Abul Salek

Product Management, Sectigo

Re: ACME support in Apache web server

Posted by Stefan Eissing <st...@greenbytes.de>.
Hi Abul,

there are no plans to add support for this in Apache. You know of CAs who require/use it? I have read the feature and can imagine what it might be used for, but so far I have not seen an implementation in the wild.

Best Regards, Stefan

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.

> On 13 Jun 2019, at 16:49, Abul Salek <ab...@sectigo.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Is there a plan to support the “external account binding” feature of ACME (RFC 8555) natively in the Apache web server?

I'm not familiar with the RFC in question, so I may be missing something.
But in general terms, that sounds like the kind of thing that could comfortably
be implemented as a module.  Is that your plan if you don't find an existing
implementation?

--
Nick Kew