Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/08 11:04:55 UTC

Cannot run Hadoop on Windows

Hi All,

I am trying to run a compiled Hadoop jar on Windows but ran into the
following error when running hdfs-format:

JAVA_HOME is incorrectly set.

I echoed the path being set in etc/Hadoop-env.cmd and it echoes the correct
path:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_101

Please advise.

Regards,

Atri

Re: Cannot run Hadoop on Windows

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys, that worked nicely.

Regards,

Atri

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 9:56 PM, Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

> I agree with Rakesh that spaces in JAVA_HOME is likely to be a problem.
> This is a known problem tracked in JIRA issue HADOOP-9600.
>

> --Chris Nauroth
>

> *From: *Rakesh Radhakrishnan <ra...@apache.org>
> *Date: *Monday, August 8, 2016 at 8:03 AM
> *To: *Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>
> *Cc: *"user.hadoop" <us...@hadoop.apache.org>
> *Subject: *Re: Cannot run Hadoop on Windows
>

> Hi Atri,
>

> I doubt the problem is due to space in the path -> "Program Files".
>
> Instead of C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_101, please copy JDK dir to
> C:\java\jdk1.8.0_101 and try once.
>

> Rakesh
>
> Intel
>

> On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>

> I am trying to run a compiled Hadoop jar on Windows but ran into the
> following error when running hdfs-format:
>

> JAVA_HOME is incorrectly set.
>

> I echoed the path being set in etc/Hadoop-env.cmd and it echoes the
> correct path:
>

> C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_101
>

> Please advise.
>

> Regards,