Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Mark Swanson <ma...@ScheduleWorld.com> on 2007/04/01 21:43:38 UTC

Bug? StartupConfiguration should use interfaces

Hello,

I'm looking at creating my own custom partition, but I've hit a small
snag: StartupConfiguration forces all partitions to be of type
org.apache.directory.server.core.configuration.PartitionConfiguration

I can work around this, but it just seems that an interface would be
better so I can create partitions and their configurations without also
being forced to create a JdbmPartition().

Or did I miss something obvious?

Cheers.

--
http://www.ScheduleWorld.com/
Free Google Calendar synchronization with Outlook, Evolution,

Re: Bug? StartupConfiguration should use interfaces

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Mark Swanson a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking at creating my own custom partition, but I've hit a small
> snag: StartupConfiguration forces all partitions to be of type
> org.apache.directory.server.core.configuration.PartitionConfiguration
>
> I can work around this, but it just seems that an interface would be
> better so I can create partitions and their configurations without
> also being forced to create a JdbmPartition().

Yes, this is far from being perfect. We are currently working on adding
an interface. The real problem is that th ePartitionConfiguration class
depends on JDBM as the underlying backend. We want to get rid of that.
It will take some time ... Hopefully, we may have it for 1.5.1 (1.5.0
will be out in the next few days)

> Or did I miss something obvious?

No, you get caught in the trap, too ;)

> Cheers.