Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/09/11 19:42:20 UTC

problem with pushing the release

This question is for the mentors.

I pushed the release to
http://mirror.olnevhost.net/pub/apache/incubator/pig/pig-0.1.0-incubatin
g/. All files seems to be in place except for MD5 digest. I checked that
it is in the right place on people.apache.org but it does not show up on
the web. Any ideas why?

Thanks,

Olga

RE: problem with pushing the release

Posted by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Seeing the same with Hadoop releases so I guess this is ok.

Olga

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 7:42 PM, Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> ...I checked that
> it is in the right place on people.apache.org but it does not show up on
> the web. Any ideas why?...

The releases need some time to propagate to all mirrors, it is usually
best to wait 24 hours after uploading the release before announcing
it.

I just checked and the release is available at
http://apache.mirror.testserver.li/incubator/pig/pig-0.1.0-incubating/
which is one of the mirrors.

I'm not sure about the digests, it might be that they are not
replicated on purpose, as people should check those from the original
source anyway.

-Bertrand