Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lester Caine <le...@lsces.co.uk> on 2012/06/14 08:31:36 UTC

[users@httpd] Lost a server ... was working fine

While I have moved many of the server setups to Apache2.4.x with PHP5.4.x, I'd
left one with 2.2 and PHP5.3 as I did not have the time to check out all of the
mapping display system. This machine has just stopped working and I don't think
I updated anything before it happened.

SUSE12.1, Apache and PHP from repo ( upgraded machines are all manually
installed ) ...

OK knew if I started writing then the solution would pop up :)

The 'BT' ASDL router had apparently reset itself and lost all of the firewall
settings. Now I THOUGH I had rulled that out of the equation when testing by
accessing the machine in question via it's internal IP address but obviously not
:( lsces.org.uk is back up again with everything working so all I need to work
out now is how 10.0.0.1 is getting mapped to lsces.org.uk internally ... would
have saved a lot of agro if it had accessed the machine direct as I was
expecting it to do. So would 'Redirect' action that or am I looking for some DNS
path problem ... localhost is getting 'redirected' as well ... so I think I
suspect Apache here?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL