Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/30 07:34:35 UTC

admin console and prompting

Hi,

While debugging the console testsuites I realized that the admin
console was no longer prompting when uninstalling a given module (or
stopping or restarting). I tracked down the problem to
ConfirmMessageTag.java where it was pointing to wrong locations for
Dojo resources. Now, I have a few of questions about this
ConfirmMessageTag that I'm hoping somebody will be able to answer:

1) Is it necessary for ConfirmMessageTag to use Dojo? Or at least can
we make it so that it still works (displays prompts) when Dojo is not
installed?

2) The ConfirmMessageTag injects a <style/> element into the page body
(within <body/>). But from what I can tell (and I checked this with
jslint) the <style/> elements only should appear within the <head/>
element. Things seems to work the way they are now but I'm wondering
if we should change this to be more valid.

Jarek

Re: admin console and prompting

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
Yes, the regular dialog boxes are also OK. I remembered that I had discussed
it with the patch contributor Jeff, our final result is that since more and
more portlets are using Dojo, why not use it :-)
I also wish the console would use Dojo to do some validation stuff in the
future.
Ivan

--
Ivan