Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Unmesh joshi <un...@hotmail.com> on 2009/11/26 11:26:32 UTC

Using model or action's hashcode as ETag in REST plugin

Hi,
Rest plugin's DefaultHttpHeaders class uses hashCode of the model object (if the action is model driven) or hascode of the action object.I guess its a wrong assumption to make that two different objects will have different hashcodes. So we can have same hashcode even if model objects are not equal and that will wrongly send 304 response even if resource is changed. Is this a known bug in REST plugin?
Thanks,Unmesh
Windows 7: Simplify what you do everyday. Find the right PC for you.
http://windows.microsoft.com/shop