Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net> on 2009/06/17 01:50:00 UTC

New buildr extension -- Shenandoah -- for JavaScript testing

Hi,

I've just released version 0.1.0 of Shenandoah, a package for unit
testing JavaScript either in the browser or at the command line.  In
its console mode, Shenandoah integrates as a Buildr test framework, so
you can use it directly with

   require 'shenandoah/buildr'
   # ...
   test.using :shenandoah

and then the usual buildr commands for running tests.

Shenandoah is based on the Blue Ridge JavaScript testing plugin for
rails and combines Screw.Unit (for BDD-style unit tests), Smoke (for
mocks), and env.js and rhino (for browserless execution of DOM-based
javascript).  It is distributed as a gem.  For more details, including
installation and running directions, please have a look at the README:

http://github.com/rsutphin/shenandoah

And if you find any bugs, please let me know with the issue tracker on
github:

http://github.com/rsutphin/shenandoah/issues

Thanks for your time,
Rhett

Re: New buildr extension -- Shenandoah -- for JavaScript testing

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Very cool!

I added it to our plugin directory
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BUILDR/Buildr+Plugins