Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jarek Zaniewski <jz...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/27 22:05:34 UTC

svn update error: svn: Checksum mismatch

While executing svn update on my WC I get the following error:
svn: Checksum mismatch for '.svn/text-base/Makefile.svn-base'; expected:
'f49aa8a7fc08d589bead2619bd0bdc1a', actual:
'4ec34d988422ab8e0ccac236817dd881'

Is this repository problem, WC problem, HW problem on the client, server,
etc?
I updated another WC without any problems.

The "bad" WC was inactive for less then a month.

Has anyone seen this error type before? What are the consequences? Should I
worry about it?

Both the client and the server are svn 1.3.2, RHEL WS4, svn access only,
fsfs

Regards,
J.

Re: svn update error: svn: Checksum mismatch

Posted by Jarek Zaniewski <jz...@gmail.com>.
So turned out the problem was in the WC only.
There was an extra line in .svn/text-base/Makefile.svn-base
I guess this is (perhaps) a problem for the developers list.

I wonder if dumping every commit on post-commit (which I do) would catch a
repo problem like this or any other corruption issue? Would dump return an
error? Any experiences with a corrupted fsfs?