Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Cameron Hickey <ca...@panoramatos.com> on 2003/08/26 15:38:15 UTC

LONGTEXT what to do?

I realize that this may seem like a silly question, but I don't know the
answer:

I need to store long bits of text (HTML and XML) in a MYSQL database.
If I set the COLUMN TYPE="LONGVARCHAR" in my torque schema, that
generates a method which returns a byte[] data type.  Why is this so?  I
want to use this value in a form field on a Struts based website.  How
should I get the value to become a string?  Should I overwrite the
method which returns the value, or manage the conversion in my Struts
application?

Thanks for any advice

Cameron