Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Cirip Tomas <to...@theIMO.com> on 2002/04/03 16:34:46 UTC

DocumentType.getInternalSubset() question

Hi,

Is there any special reason why DocumentType.getInternalSubset() returns DTD
String with ELEMENT decls but not ATTLIST decls? How can I get entire DTD
subset? I am using Xerces 2.0.1. Thank you

Tomas

Re: DocumentType.getInternalSubset() question

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Cirip Tomas wrote:
> Is there any special reason why DocumentType.getInternalSubset()
> returns DTD String with ELEMENT decls but not ATTLIST decls? How can I
> get entire DTD subset? I am using Xerces 2.0.1. Thank you

I don't experience the problem that you are referring to.
For example, parsing the following XML document with Xerces
2.0.1:

  <!DOCTYPE root [
  <!ELEMENT root EMPTY>
  <!ATTLIST root attr CDATA 'value'>
  ]>
  <root/>

I get this output from the DocumentType#getInternalSubset
method (using both deferred and full DOM settings):

  <!ELEMENT root EMPTY>
  <!ATTLIST root attr CDATA 'value'>

Could you post a small sample document that exhibits the
problem you're experiencing? or go into more detail about
what may be causing the problem you're talking about?

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org