Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Eric Barnhill <er...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/18 12:43:51 UTC

[MATH] Comment request for MATH-1291 and MATH-1292: Patches to ComplexUtils and LaguerreSolver to match proposed ComplexUtils nomenclature

I have filed two trivial JIRA issues, MATH-1291 and MATH-1292 and
request comment. I would like to replace a current method
"convertToComplex" with "real2Complex" so that it matches the
nomenclature of the other proposed methods for ComplexUtils currently in
my fork (these are in issue MATH-1290 and not presently under
discussion). This method name change change only breaks one method in
commons-math, the LaguerreSolver, so in MATH-1291 I propose patching the
laguerre() method call in LaguerreSolver to call real2Complex() rather
than convertToComplex() .

Eric