Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2002/05/16 07:19:40 UTC

[4.1.2] Milestone available for testing

The 4.1.2 milestone is available for testing.
The vote on how much the build should be publicized will happen next week
(unless a showstopper bug is found before, in which case a new milestone
will be released).

Binaries are available at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/test/v4.1.2/

WARNING: This is not an official Tomcat release and should be considered as
stable as a nightly build. The build is available for testing purposes only.

NOTE: There is the problem with the server.xml the Windows installer uses.
See bug 9112 for more details.

Remy

Re: [4.1.2] Milestone available for testing

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> > Remy Maucherat wrote:
> > >
> > > The 4.1.2 milestone is available for testing.
> > > The vote on how much the build should be publicized will happen next
> week
> > > (unless a showstopper bug is found before, in which case a new milestone
> > > will be released).
> > >
> > > Binaries are available at:
> > > http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/test/v4.1.2/
> >
> > Sure ;-)
> >
> > I have found 2 things:
> > - The coyote connector does not do the bind in the init() but in the
> > start():
>
> The endpoint (in j-t-c/util) needs to be refactored to do that.
> Unfortunately, nobody replied to my proposal to add an init method there.
> I'll do it, and see if anyone -1s it.

+1

> > - The http connector throws an exception:
> > +++
>
> You shouldn't use the old HTTP/1.1 connector ;-)
> I think we should add back the MBeans declarations, though.

-0. That is better to spend time on Coyote.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> The 4.1.2 milestone is available for testing.
> The vote on how much the build should be publicized will happen next week
> (unless a showstopper bug is found before, in which case a new milestone
> will be released).
>
> Binaries are available at:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/test/v4.1.2/

Sure ;-)

I have found 2 things:
- The coyote connector does not do the bind in the init() but in the
start():
+++
Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  Protocol handler initialization
failed: java.net.BindException: Permission
denied:88
LifecycleException:  Protocol handler initialization failed:
java.net.BindException: Permission
denied:88
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native
Method)
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled
Code)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled
Code)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException.<init>(LifecycleException.java:126)
        at
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException.<init>(LifecycleException.java:100)
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector.start(CoyoteConnector.java:1018)
+++

- The http connector throws an exception:
+++
ServerLifecycleListener: createMBeans:
MBeanException
java.lang.Exception: ManagedBean is not found with
Http11Connector
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native
Method)
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled
Code)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled
Code)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.MBeanUtils.createMBean(MBeanUtils.java:224)
        at
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(ServerLifecycleListener.java:314)
+++