Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Rosemond Wu <ro...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/10 21:35:54 UTC

no syntax check for create table command

Hello, all
It looks to me the create table command hasn't done much syntax checking for
input string. Look at below:

hql > create table myTable1(myColumn:language);
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String
index out of range: -31
        at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1768)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.hql.BasicCommand.extractErrMsg(BasicCommand.java:64)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.hql.BasicCommand.extractErrMsg(BasicCommand.java:68)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.hql.CreateCommand.execute(CreateCommand.java:67)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.hql.HQLClient.executeQuery(HQLClient.java:50)

at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.Shell.main(Shell.java:114)

no syntax check for create table command

Posted by Rosemond Wu <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hello, all
It looks to me the create table command hasn't done much syntax checking for
input string. Look at below:

hql > create table myTable1(myColumn:language);
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String
index out of range: -31
        at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1768)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.hql.BasicCommand.extractErrMsg(BasicCommand.java:64)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.hql.BasicCommand.extractErrMsg(BasicCommand.java:68)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.hql.CreateCommand.execute(CreateCommand.java:67)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.hql.HQLClient.executeQuery(HQLClient.java:50)

         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.Shell.main(Shell.java:114)

I happened to attach a qulifier with the column name and got the above error
message.

Regards
Rosemond

Re: no syntax check for create table command

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Yes.  We keep tripping over nitty little bugs like the below.  Its one
of the reasons we're about to replace HQL (Stay tuned).
St.Ack