Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Oleg Konovalov <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2005/02/18 17:26:31 UTC

Error 403

Hi,

I have a misterious problem:
a few users can not login to (only) one of my Cocoon
applications,
they are getting error 403 "Access to the requested resource has
been denied".

LDAP authentication (for them) is successfull, there are no
error messages in any logs, nothing looks suspicious.
These users have same access privileges as any others
and can login to the main app [sort of portal]
and all other apps [except that particular one,
either directly or through the link in the portal].

All other users can login to everything they are allowed.

I am new to Cocoon [and have to support cocoon apps
written by the people who are long gone].
Using Cocoon 2.0.4 on JBoss 3.0.7

I doubt that it is something like a bad cookie [or their PC
setting, or spyware],
because if I try to login as on of these unhappy users
from my PC, have the same problem, althoough can login there
as myself.

Any help is very appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Oleg.

P.S.: How do you debug Cocoon apps?
Small portion of it is written in Java [including
SecurityTransformer]  Can I debug it from Eclipse ?
Any techniques to set it up ?

Re: Error 403

Posted by Oleg Konovalov <ol...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Matt,

I doubt it is a client problem.

We have tried to login as one of these unfortunate users
from 3 different PCs, and it never worked.
Similarly, if it works for me, I can login
from any PC on the intranet, so it seems to be independent
on client PC.

Thank you,
Oleg.

Re: Error 403