Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Ripton <Da...@PictureVision.com> on 2001/09/27 15:18:26 UTC

Commercial support for Tomcat?

Sorry if this is a FAQ; I browsed through the archives and didn't see
any good answers.

Anyone had good or bad experiences with any commercial support vendors
for Tomcat?  (If it matters, we're running it alongside Apache on
Solaris, we already have our system working, and we're going through the
paperwork to be allowed to deploy it.  We want to use our configuration,
not some vendor's prepackaged web-stuff-in-a-box setup.)

If there isn't anyone out there providing good commercial support, what
do people who work at large companies with stringent "all software used
must have 24/7 support contracts" requirements do?  Is industry best
practice to rely on mailing lists and internal expertise rather than
support contracts for Tomcat?

Thanks.

--
David Ripton   David.Ripton@PictureVision.com