Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Ashton Kemerling <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/14 04:39:00 UTC

Proposed ResponseWriter

The folks at Cognitect released a few weeks ago a new data format called
Transit. To give a really short feature list, it is:

1) Language agnostic: libraries exist for Java, Javascript, Ruby, Clojure, and Clojurescript
2) Built on top of JSON and messagepack for speed and ease of implementation.
3) Supports self-describing types (e.g. Date objects automatically parse and serialize in every language).
4) Includes native composite keys and value caching

All in all, I think it would be a neat idea for Solr to support
Transit, and given that a high quality Java library exists, I hope it
won't be too hard.

Thoughts?

--
Ashton Kemerling