Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ma...@May-Co.com on 2005/09/14 18:12:10 UTC

To Whom it may concern

Hello again.

I've never contributed to the Apache Project before, but am a regular user
of its tools and love working with it. This March, I will likely be laid
off because of the merger between Federated and May companies. I will be
given a severance package and have decided that I would like to spend 4-6
months living abroad and contributing to the project. Naturally I wouldn't
expect to start out as anything more than a Volunteer, but would
appreciate the challenges of a Committer. I'm writing this now because
when the time comes, I would like to jump in with a large load, just to
keep the momentum going. That means I'd probably start doing some small
contributing to a specific sub-project and stick with it.

 I've worked for the USPS, the DOD, and now for May/Federated. I'm a BS in
Com Sci with a math minor (like I'll ever use that again!), am of the
Meyer OOP school, with a clear understanding of j2ee development and
N-tier architecture.  I can provide my resume to whomever needs it, so
just ask.

Thanks for your time, and looking forward to hearing from someone,

Mariano Hernandez

Re: To Whom it may concern

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Not to steal you from the Struts effort but if your are interested in
JSF the MyFaces team is allways looking for volunteers as well.
Checkout http://myfaces.apache.org and read up on some of the
information related to contributed.  We also have a Wiki with current
needs.

sean

Re: To Whom it may concern

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Everyone can make a contribution even with a limited skill level.
There is always testing and documentation that needs to be done.  A
good way to get started is to checkout the source code via SVN and try
building it.  Once you are up in running start trying to patch some
existing bugs.

Good luck.

sean

Re: To Whom it may concern