Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2005/12/16 00:33:45 UTC

[VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)

Alright, I repacked the binaries that Jeff created to workaround the
gbean startup issue.  I have the tck running on them now.

Here are the binaries for review. Please be sure you delete the old
ones from your system before downloading the new ones.

http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/geronimo-1.0-proposed-final-3/

These versions of these programs where used to create the binaries:

   - tar (GNU tar) 1.15.1
   - Zip 2.3 (November 29th 1999)
   - OpenSSL 0.9.7f 22 Mar 2005
   - gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.1

[ ] +1 Release these binaries provided they pass the J2EE TCK

Let's get this thing out the door!

-David

Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

On 16 Dec 2005, at 04:23, Bruce Snyder wrote:

> On 12/15/05, David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote:
>> Alright, I repacked the binaries that Jeff created to workaround the
>> gbean startup issue.  I have the tck running on them now.
>>
>> Here are the binaries for review. Please be sure you delete the old
>> ones from your system before downloading the new ones.
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/geronimo-1.0-proposed-final-3/
>>
>> These versions of these programs where used to create the binaries:
>>
>>    - tar (GNU tar) 1.15.1
>>    - Zip 2.3 (November 29th 1999)
>>    - OpenSSL 0.9.7f 22 Mar 2005
>>    - gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.1
>>

>> [ ] +1 Release these binaries provided they pass the J2EE TCK
>
> I started up each bundle and went through a bunch of stuff manually
> and it appears to be good.
>
> +1
>
> Bruce
> --
> perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!
> G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"
> );'
>
> The Castor Project
> http://www.castor.org/
>
> Apache Geronimo
> http://geronimo.apache.org/

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Re: proposal : lets do an RC for a week or so before leaping to the 1.0 ? [Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)]

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On Dec 16, 2005, at 2:05 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> Geir,
>
> We need to fix the outstanding issues so here is no argument
> there.  I talked to Jencks this morning and it looks like there is
> an issue with dependencies not working correctly.
>
> the DayTrader issues are not in the application but rather in that
> the web app appears to be initializing before the EJB container is
> initialized and is causing the object not found exeception.  This
> needs to be fixed.  Dave and I are chasing this down today.

Great on both - I had no doubt this would be the case.  What do you
think we should do as a release plan?

> Regarding the press release we've updated the Geronimo web site to
> let folks know that it really isn't out yet.  For the time being I
> see that as being covered although I'm interested in how to do the
> release when its actually ready.  It was unfortunate that the
> release went out when we were clearly not ready.  Thoughts on how
> to address that issue?

Yes.

geir

geirm@apache.org

Re: proposal : lets do an RC for a week or so before leaping to the 1.0 ? [Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)]

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Geir,

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
Due to amount of problems reported, I too change my vote to a -1.

Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Kristian,

FYI, I tried your scenario with both the tomcat image and the jetty
image on Win XP using both IE and FireFox but could not recreate the
problem with the empty page for the web console.   What platform and
browser are you using?

One problem that I am aware of is that you cannot save a link to the
login page for jetty and then attempt to login using that that link to
the tomcat server started on the same machine with the same port.  The
login page will be presented but after you enter your credentials you
will get a 404.  Is this what you are seeing?

Joe

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net

lose."   -- Jim Elliot

Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
BTW, I should have noted that I'm using Win XP and I only the localhost
errors and the daytrader exception on the tomcat image.  I haven't
exercised a lot of functionality yet, but I don't see these noisy errors
on the jetty image.

Joe

Joe Bohn wrote:
> -1
>
> I'm seeing the same exception on windows as well ... seems to be fairly
> consistent.   I'm also seeing the unknown default localhost errors on
> Tomcat that others are seeing.
>
> Joe
>
> Dave Colasurdo wrote:
>
>> Looks like the same exception that I am seeing in GERONIMO-1372.
>>
>> anita kulshreshtha wrote:
>>
>>>         Downloaded  geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.0.zip at
>>> 7.30 AM (EST).
>>> Here is the stack trace. Still testing the other
>>> stuff.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Anita
>>>
>>> Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.4.2_09)...
>>> Starting Geronimo Application Server
>>> [*********>              ] 40%  26s Starting
>>> geronimo/tomcat/1.0/car  07:37:43,984 WARN [MapperListener] Unknown
>>> t host: localhost
>>> 07:37:44,468 WARN  [MapperListener] Unknown default
>>> host: localhost
>>> [*********>              ] 40%  27s Starting
>>> geronimo/tomcat/1.0/car  07:37:44,953 WARN [MapperListener] Unknown
>>> t host: localhost
>>> [********************>   ] 85%  53s Starting
>>> geronimo/daytrader-der...07:38:10,609 WARN [SystemExceptionIntercep
>>> adeEJB
>>> javax.ejb.NoSuchObjectLocalException:

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net

lose."   -- Jim Elliot

Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
-1

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net

lose."   -- Jim Elliot

Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)

Posted by Dave Colasurdo <da...@earthlink.net>.

Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
       The console (most buttons and links) is working
fine and it looks great! I like the ability to see
deployment plans. I am still seeing some exceptions.
The log is attached. They appear to be known problems,
may be it is all fixed by now.

Thanks
Anita

=== message truncated ===

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)

Posted by Kristian Köhler <Kr...@gmx.de>.
Hi

Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)

Posted by Kristian Köhler <Kr...@gmx.de>.
Hi

Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
is this 1.0 or a RC?

geirm@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
can we make this an RC1 so people can shake it out a bit?

There seem to be problems being reported even before we have finished
the vote...

geir

geirm@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Dec 15, 2005, at 6:33 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> Alright, I repacked the binaries that Jeff created to workaround
> the gbean startup issue.  I have the tck running on them now.
>
> Here are the binaries for review. Please be sure you delete the old
> ones from your system before downloading the new ones.
>
> http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/geronimo-1.0-proposed-final-3/
>
> These versions of these programs where used to create the binaries:
>
>   - tar (GNU tar) 1.15.1
>   - Zip 2.3 (November 29th 1999)
>   - OpenSSL 0.9.7f 22 Mar 2005
>   - gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.1
>

> [ ] +1 Release these binaries provided they pass the J2EE TCK
>
> Let's get this thing out the door!
>
> -David

- sachin

Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
I am removing my +1...and making this a -1.

The following errors occur:

[*********>              ] 40%  37s Starting geronimo/tomcat/1.0/car
07:55:03,808 WARN  [MapperListener] Unknown default host: localhost
[*********>              ] 40%  38s Starting geronimo/tomcat/1.0/car
07:55:04,528 WARN  [MapperListener] Unknown default host: lo

Which means the tomcat plan is corrupted or the config.xml has a
problem. I will look into this and see what is going on.

Jeff

Re: [VOTE] geronimo-1.0 (3rd try)

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.