Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tom Moore <to...@jamfsoftware.com> on 2007/12/11 21:41:29 UTC

6.0.14 Logging

It seems that one of the one of the dependencies for building a new
tomcat-juli.jar file has been superceded.  When I followed the directions
for enabling logging in 6.0.14
(http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/logging.html), I found that I
needed to do a bit of editing on the  build.properties.defaults  file.

As of 12/10/07, I changed the jdt.jar and jdt.loc definitions in the build
file to use a version of the Eclipse JDT available at the same sunsite:

jdt.jar=${jdt.lib}/org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.3.1.v_780_R33x.jar
jdt.loc=http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3
.3.1.1-200710231652/eclipse-JDT-3.3.1.1.zip

Once this change was made, the ant download and ant commands worked fine in
an OSX 10.4 environment.  The actual ant commands I used were:

ant download
ant -buildfile  extras.xml

The BUILDING.txt file in the downloaded Tomcat source bundle is also
helpful.