Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2003/11/08 12:32:04 UTC

preparing excalibur releases (was: [Vote] Removing ComponentManagerProxy)

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
 > A [ECM] release would be great!

Could you please compile a list of materials in excalibur that cocoon
needs released?

I'll try to find time to fix the relevant builds and get some release
candidates out. It should be feasible in a short timespan if we
temporarily disable gump integration and don't care that much about cvs
history.

Even if the actual release vote fails, you'll still have a cvs with
proper tags and beta packages for download...that's gotta be better than
a cvs snapshot :D.

But we'll need cocoon people to actually test those candidates.

- LSD

RE: preparing excalibur releases (was: [Vote] Removing ComponentManagerProxy)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Leo Simons wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>  > A [ECM] release would be great!
>
> Could you please compile a list of materials in excalibur that cocoon
> needs released?

Here we go :)

We use released versions of
- datasource (1.1.1)
- i18n (1.1)
- instrument (1.0)
- instrument-manager (1.0)
- instrument-manager-interfaces (1.0)
- io (1.0)
- logger (1.0.1)
- monitor (1.0.2)
- naming (1.0)
- pool (1.2)
- util (1.0)

And we would love to have releases for:
* component
* event
* sourceresolve
* store
* xmlutil

> I'll try to find time to fix the relevant builds and get some release
> candidates out. It should be feasible in a short timespan if we
> temporarily disable gump integration and don't care that much about cvs
> history.
Great! Simply, great!

> Even if the actual release vote fails, you'll still have a cvs with
> proper tags and beta packages for download...that's gotta be better than
> a cvs snapshot :D.
Yes, for sure!

> But we'll need cocoon people to actually test those candidates.

No problem, we'll do that!

Thanks!
Carsten