Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Matthew Schuyler Peck <mp...@xapsolutions.com> on 2003/03/13 04:10:51 UTC

Absent error messages

I store mail in a database. The mails arriving at my smtp server are being
put in the deadletter table with repository_name "error". The error_message
column is "NULL". The logs simply say that the message is being stored in
the deadletter repository. How am I supposed to figure out what's going
wrong if there is no error message?

Matthew Schuyler Peck

RE: Absent error messages

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I would assume the error_message column would hold some
> sort of error report, like an Exception.getMessage() entry.

There are various reasons for why a message might get an error message.  An
exception is one of them.  If you check the spam repository, for example,
the error message will tell you why the message was considered spam.

	--- Noel

RE: Absent error messages

Posted by Matthew Schuyler Peck <mp...@xapsolutions.com>.
I had the notification configured earlier, and the error message was "Could
not deliver message due to an error in the James application". There was no
more elaboration on this in any of the logs. I would assume the