Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Praveena K M <pr...@icadengineering.com> on 2009/08/11 10:29:02 UTC

Comparing 2 PDF files.

Hi..

I installed SVN server and using tortoise i am able to compare documen file  & Excel files but not PDF.

Please suggest me any option which compare 2 PDF files.

Regards
Praveena K M

No virus found in this outgoing message
Checked by PC Tools AntiVirus (5.0.0.10 - 10.100.153).
http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.
The only way you can compare two different PDF documents is by using Adobe
Acrobat (the not-so-free edition). I believe you can do the comparison via
the command line, so you'd have to script Tortoise to do the comparison.

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com

Re: Comparing 2 PDF files.

Posted by Dextrous <de...@gmail.com>.
you will need external diff program which is capable of doing it.

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Praveena K M <
praveena.k@icadengineering.com> wrote:

>  Hi..
>
> I installed SVN server and using tortoise i am able to compare documen
> file  & Excel files but not PDF.
>
> Please suggest me any option which compare 2 PDF files.
>
> Regards
> Praveena K M
>

> No virus found in this outgoing message
> Checked by PC Tools AntiVirus (5.0.0.10 - 10.100.153).
> http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/

--
Cheers,
Vishwajeet

Re: Comparing 2 PDF files.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 06:29, Praveena K
M<pr...@icadengineering.com> wrote:
> Hi..
>
> I installed SVN server and using tortoise i am able to compare documen file
> & Excel files but not PDF.
>
> Please suggest me any option which compare 2 PDF files.

The Excel and Word comparison is not a feature of Tortoise, but rather
those applications (Tortoise just calls a script which starts them in
a comparison mode). You would need a similar feature in your PDF
reader and a script that can execute the application in that mode.