Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Sheen Brisals <Sh...@hp.com> on 2001/12/03 17:44:59 UTC

XPath help please...

Hi all,

Please can you help me before I start getting into the complexities.

If I have an expression like

	concat( Sale/BillID, 'SALE' )

where Sale/BillID is an element in the source XML document. If I
evaluate/execute this expression using XPathAPI I get String object,
irrespective of whether the path is valid or not.

Is there any way, in a given such expression, can I identify the path
strings so that the validation of the path can be done separately? Or
is there a way I can achieve this by using existing Xalan classes?

Thanks,
Sheen