Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by daviesd <da...@oclc.org> on 2011/09/28 16:27:40 UTC

nocache

We are specifiying nocache on our javascript fetch (shindig 3.0.0)

/gadgets/js/oclccontainer:rpc.js?c=1&debug=1&nocache=1&container=default

However the gadget iframe url looks like

/gadgets/ifr?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropbox.com%2Fu%2F445894%2Fgadget.xml&conta
iner=default&view=default&lang=en&country=US&debug=0&nocache=0&sanitize=0

Should this value be passed through?  Also, shouldn¹t I see c=2 (I think
that is the directive for telling what features set to support ­ gadget or
container).

Our gadgets are getting cached and we want to be able to turn this off
during debugging.  Is this the right way to do it or should we be setting a
shindig.properties value?

Thanks,
doug

Re: nocache

Posted by Ryan J Baxter <rj...@us.ibm.com>.
Sounds right Doug.  Setting nocache to true will set the no cache query
parameter on the iframe URL which I believe will tell the server not to
cache the gadget.

Just and FYI if you set RENDER_DEBUG to true in your container config the
nocache parameter will get set to true automatically.

-Ryan

Email: rjbaxter@us.ibm.com
Phone: 978-899-3041
developerWorks Profile

From:   daviesd <da...@oclc.org>
To:     shindig <de...@shindig.apache.org>,
Date:   09/28/2011 10:41 AM
Subject:        Re: nocache

Maybe my misunderstanding.  Maybe the nocache on the javascript request
only
means don¹t cache the resultant javascript returned.

If I add nocache to my renderParams

container.navigateGadget( gadgetSite, gadgetXml, [], {nocache: true} );

Then it seems to be working.  Is this correct?

doug

Re: nocache

Posted by daviesd <da...@oclc.org>.