Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Idylog - Nicolas Granon <ng...@idylog.com> on 2018/11/04 11:27:28 UTC

Dynamic component instantiation and bindings

Hi all,

We make heavy use of BindingUtils bindProperty (mostly) and bindSetter (sometimes) methods.
We are a bit confused : is it still possible with Royale to bind explicitly/dynamically (through code) like we did in Flex (as opposed to static binding with curly braces syntax) ?

Our use-case is the following :
We dynamically generate "forms" (roughly speaking) by instantiating and adding components (container components, interactive components) at runtime.
As we instantiate components, we also bind them to the model with bindSetter and/or bindProperty.
(in the end, of course, the outer - dynamically generated - container is added to some generic "frame" container).

Are there any structural restrictions in Royale about that kind of logic ?

Many thanks in advance

Nicolas Granon

IDYLOG
Ingénierie Informatique
13 Bd Princesse Charlotte
98000 MONACO

Re: Dynamic component instantiation and bindings

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Nicolas,

There’s an example [1] that seems to at least partially answer your question.

Yishay

[1] https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/blob/develop/examples/royale/DataBindingExample_as/src/main/royale/MyInitialView.as#L180