Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2003/05/06 12:24:34 UTC

Wiki Up

I've started to archive salient DEV threads in the Wiki.

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?NewFaqs

and am starting to think about doing the same for the User list.

This is *much* easier that other approaches I've tried, and I'd love to
maintain new FAQs this way, but I'm concerned about issues like
searchability, backup, and so forth.

Thoughts?

-Ted.

--
Ted Husted,

Re: Wiki Up

Posted by Gareth Andrew <ga...@ntlworld.com>.
I like the wiki and think it could be a great resource - especially
noting that on the struts-user list the same questions are repeated
almost daily and a simple archive search doesn't always work since the
information you are looking for may be spread over dozens of threads.
So I think that the searchability of the wiki is a huge improvement over
the current situation.

My only problem is that since there is only wiki for the whole of apache
the Signal to Noise ratio may fall if the wiki gets popular in other
apache projects.  The solution would be either to create a new Jakarta
or Struts wiki - or to categorise the pages in some way (I think i've
used a wiki that had a tree like category structure superimposed on
it).  The hack would be to prefix struts pages with Struts eg.
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?StrutsNewFaqs

Gareth.