Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org> on 2007/09/26 17:11:24 UTC

Symas blog on LDAPCon / ApacheDS

Hi Everyone,
Just and FYI...  I thought this blog post was interesting considering the
bad mojo that we have had between us and the Symas guys in the past.  This
proves that we made a great impression and won some supporters when we went
over to LDAPCon.  This is a really good blog post and makes it all seem
worth it to have support from these guys.

http://connexitor.com/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=173

Chris

Re: Symas blog on LDAPCon / ApacheDS

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
A great post indeed.  Good find.

Although I already had good vibes from Howard after the conference this just
reinforces it.  Howard is a
much bigger person than I had originally thought. It makes complete sense to
me now.  Hard core
OpenLDAP heavies like Howard can admit when an outlook is better without
seeing it as weakness.  This just
shows that we have a strong basis for collaboration with the OpenLDAP
community.  They hold dear to them
the same fundamental principals as we do:

* relentlessly following the specifications
* looking at X.500 to see where LDAP can advance
* being an organic open source community based on very similar BSD derived
licenses
* faithful to LDAP and it's future progression
* having a no BS approach (just real stuff without marketing fluff)

I admire these aspects about them and it's what made me revere the OpenLDAP
folks even before starting
this Directory effort here.  This post reaffirms that once again.

The LDAP conference was the best I've ever gone to from the standpoint of
what it did for the LDAP community.
The future of LDAP looks much brighter as a result of it.

Alex