Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by "Vossberg, Michal" <Mi...@jamba-ag.de> on 2003/06/04 13:48:44 UTC

Spooling after each update

Hi,
we are implementing an auxiliary disk cache plugin that better suits out
needs.
For this, I want each element explicitly put to disk with the update of the
memory cache, not only spool them lru after reaching the limit.
I added the spooling to the aux-update part of the CompositeCache update
method
which works fine but I wonder if that's the best (and intended) place. Any
other
idea without intruding the core?
Also, doing this the spooling of the memory manager becomes somewhat
redundant. What's the best way to turn it off but still keep the limit of
the memory cache.
I don't see that setting the element attributes to isSpool=false will help
as it's
not being checked in the spooling method (and in fact it doesn't)!?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated,
Thanks
Michal

--- Michal Vossberg
Development Mobile Applications
Jamba! AG - Pfuelstrasse 5 - 10997 Berlin
Phone: +49-30-69538-176
Fax: +49-30-69538-599
Web: http://www.jamba.de
WAP: http://wap.jamba.de/