Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Davids Patrick <P....@healthag.de> on 2016/08/08 10:08:12 UTC

ListView vs. RefreshingView and the meaning of the word 'refreshing'

Hi all,
a question, I have in mind since about 3 years but I never asked... ;-)
Don't know why, now, I do...

ListViews and RefreshingViews are very similar.

Especially due to the default flag setReuseItems false of ListView, they both behave "refreshing" to me.
(populating items is called each request)

So, now my question(s)...
Does the word "Refreshing" is more related to the method getItemModels(...) of RefreshingView?
Does it mean, fetching a "fresh" new model implementation of the particular item?
Or does it mean fetching a "fresh" new component instance of the particular item?
Or does it mean always reading "fresh" data of some "dataprovider"/listmodel?

best regards
Patrick

Health AG | Patrick Davids | Softwareentwickler
Tel. +49 40 524 709-258 | p.davids@healthag.de
Fax +49 40 524 709-258 | www.healthag.de

EOS Health Honorarmanagement AG | Lübeckertordamm 1–3 | 20099 Hamburg | AG Hamburg HRB 93806
Vorstand | Jens Törper, Uwe Schäfer
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender | Klaus Engberding

Save a tree – think before you print.

Re: ListView vs. RefreshingView and the meaning of the word 'refreshing'

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi,

yes, ListView and RefreshingView are quite similar.

ListView is a repeater implementation from Wicket's very early days: it
works on a list of objects - wrapped in a model of course, as you'd
expect it from a proper Wicket component.

RefreshingView doesn't care where the objects to iterate over come from:
getItemModels() provides a list of models of objects, something you can
get from a dataProvider.
"Refreshing" is related to "create a fresh component" for each new
model, i.e. a model for which a component hasn't been created before.

Have fun
Sven