Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by kneerosh <ro...@yahoo.co.in> on 2013/04/26 18:46:19 UTC

Customizing Solr GUI

Hi,

  I want to customize Solr gui, and I learnt that the most popular options
are
1. Velocity- which is integrated with Solr. The format and options can be
customized
2. Project Blacklight

Pros and cons?

Secondly I read that one can delete data by just running a delete query in
the URL. Does either velocity or blacklight provide a way to disable this,
or provide any kind of security or access control- so that users can only
browse/search and admins can view the admin screen. How can we handle the
security aspect in Solr?

Re: Customizing Solr GUI

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Give me access to your raw Solr URLs, and I can submit the following:
.../update?commit=ture&term.body=<delete><query>*:*<.query></delete>
which will remove all documents from your index. You really have to
take control of the requests you allow to get to Solr...

Best
Erick

Re: Customizing Solr GUI

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
So, building on this:

Re: Customizing Solr GUI

Re: Customizing Solr GUI

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Does the website have a middleware? As in, is it static website or
something served dynamically from PHP, Ruby, Java, etc? If the later,
then you do the same thing blacklight does: you run your Solr server
and your middleware talks to it over HTTP connection. Then, you have
to figure out how to get data into Solr, so you need to index the
content from the database/files/etc.

If your website is fully static, then you still need some sort of
middleware for search, as it is not Safe exposing Solr directly to
users.

Regards,
   Alex.

Re: Customizing Solr GUI