Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by martin Holman <mh...@jmcg-systems.co.uk> on 2005/04/12 10:06:33 UTC

Popups containing tapestry pages

Hello all,

I am very new to Tapestry so I apologies if the answer is obvious. What
I require is a popup to contain a Tapestry page from the same context as
the parent page. I've looked at PopupLink but this only seems to cater
for none Tapestry pages such as external website/ help pages etc.
DirectLink and ExternalLink do not seem allow for the creation of a new
browser instance.

Has anyone else solved this problem? Do I have to create a custom
component?

Thanks in advance

Martin.

RE: Popups containing tapestry pages

Posted by martin Holman <mh...@jmcg-systems.co.uk>.
Hi,

Saqib mentioned this component

http://equalitylearning.org/Tassel/app?service=direct/1/Browse/viewCompo
nent&sp=SrobertzNewWindowLink

Martin

Posted by Bocko <bo...@bitsyu.net>.
 Hi,

Posted by David Solis <h....@gmail.com>.
This is a recurring question.

You can use a normal DirectLink (or PageLink) but you have to define
org.apache.tapestry.contrib.link.PopupLinkRenderer as its renderer.

Regards

Posted by PSW <su...@wachtel.us>.
I just used a DirectLink and a piece of javascript code:

On the top of my page (or component) I include:
script="/WEB-INF/pages/protected/viewer/popup.script"/>

________contents of popup.script_________
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE script PUBLIC

    "-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Script Specification 3.0//EN"

    "http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Script_3_0.dtd">

<script>
<![CDATA[
function createPop(href) {
    popupwindow = window.open("" ,'WindowName',
'alwaysRaised,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,top=200,left=200,height=600,width=480,resizable=yes');
    popupwindow.focus();
    popupwindow.location = href;

    return false;
}
]]>
  <initialization>
  </initialization>
</script>

And my link has an onclick attribute:
<a jwcid="@DirectLink" listener="ognl: listeners.myListener"
parameters="ognl:myParam" onclick="return createPop(this.href);">

Hope that helps.
PSW