Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by "mrisaliti@libero.it" <mr...@libero.it> on 2007/12/20 20:19:37 UTC

INCORPORATED ISSUE

Yes, Adrian I move the discussion on dev mailing list.
I'm sorry but was not my intention to made confusion on JIRA issues but instead remove confusion from JIRA issues.
So I tried to start reorganization of JIRA issues on the following points:

1) assign to all the issues one or more components to understand where more bug/improve are present (done).

2) for the INCORPORATED ISSUE (issue that contains link to single issue) I would like to switch those to the new fictitious component and so I have started to move those issues.
Doing this second step we will have a real view on which components have more issues and need more help.
Some current INCORPORATED ISSUE has now all the linked issues closed but the main issue has been not yet closed.

3) at the moment committer cannot understand easily which issue has already patch attached to it and issue that have patch review and ready to be committed.
So it's a very big problem for a new committer like me understand where I can help like committer or like contributor.
I ask if we can add also a new state patch available and patch tested or ready to be committed.

So doing those and others chages can help and speed up in resolution and contribution by committer/developer.

I would like to receive some feedbacks otherwise I'm thinking that normally people accept my proposals.

Thanks in advance
Marco

-------
   [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1151?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_12553492 ]

Marco Risaliti commented on OFBIZ-1151:
---------------------------------------

Also I like this workaround to see how many INCORPORATING ISSUE are active.
Before switch the others INCORPORATING ISSUE to this new fictitious components I will wait some other feedback from others.

Thanks
Marco

-------

Marco,

Perhaps you should discuss these changes on the dev mailing list before changing them.

-Adrian

Re: INCORPORATED ISSUE

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi All,

I think we need to clarify this.  I recently created the INCORPORATING ISSUE component at Marco's demand.

It firstly began around a *very specific* issue I created for the purpose of grouping together all securities issues past and future
(in any states, open, closed, etc.) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1525.

At this time I was unable to specify all components as I expected some future security issues to appear and wanted to be able to
collect them there. So I let void the component attribute
Marco seems to use the component attribute to deal with Jira issues. So he asked me to create a specific component to avoid letting
this incorporating issue void of component attribute. Hence I created the INCORPORATING ISSUE.

My goal was nothing more than that. But it seems that Marco has found anther way to use it and I think it's no a good idea. I see
that already Jacopo is undoing some component changes made by Marco and I totally agree with that. Maybe Marco can explain his need
and we will see if another way is possible...

Thanks

Jacques

PS :  please note also that the OFBIZ-1525 issue truely *incorporates* other issues, hence the name of its component. This should
not be used in any other cases.

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Re: INCORPORATED ISSUE

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Sorry for the possible triple post, I have some pbs with my ISP's SMTP server.

I reverted some also. I only kept some that made sense even if they were not totally and only incorporating other issues.

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: INCORPORATED ISSUE

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Re: INCORPORATED ISSUE

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: INCORPORATED ISSUE

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Marco,

It's great that you want to work on the Jira issues. I don't agree that changing the components to
INCORPORATED ISSUE makes things easier to understand. Several of the issues you changed were for a
specific component - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-616 for example.

Also keep in mind that issues that are assigned to committers don't need your intervention - because
someone is already working on them.

-Adrian