Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Henri Tremblay <he...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/22 01:36:45 UTC

CXF breaks lazy loading from spring

Hi,

I'm having a really blocking issue. I'm on JBoss 5.0.1 using an CXF 2.4.3
embedded in my war. It is used as a client to call cxf soap service on
another server.

The web.xml has a ContextLoaderListener. No CXFServlet is defined (normal
since we are on the client side).

A bunch a spring beans are in lazy and shouldn't be initialized at startup.

However, it seems that at some point, an extension (ExtensionBusManager I
think) needs to be added and SpringBeanLocator is called which does a
getBeansByName with eager init at true. So it seems to load everything
straight away. I don't want that.

How can I solve this?

Thanks
-
Henri

Re: CXF breaks lazy loading from spring

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday, November 22, 2011 1:36:45 AM Henri Tremblay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a really blocking issue. I'm on JBoss 5.0.1 using an CXF 2.4.3
> embedded in my war. It is used as a client to call cxf soap service on
> another server.

Are you sure it's picking up 2.4.3 and not an earlier version that JBoss is
providing?

> The web.xml has a ContextLoaderListener. No CXFServlet is defined (normal
> since we are on the client side).
>
> A bunch a spring beans are in lazy and shouldn't be initialized at startup.
>
> However, it seems that at some point, an extension (ExtensionBusManager I
> think) needs to be added and SpringBeanLocator is called which does a
> getBeansByName with eager init at true. So it seems to load everything
> straight away. I don't want that.
>
> How can I solve this?

This sounds like:
but that should have been fixed with 2.4.3.     We went through and changed
all the "true" to "false" for the calls into spring.

--
Daniel Kulp