Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by "Rathod, Nitin" <Ni...@bmc.com> on 2009/07/13 13:28:28 UTC

Log4j

Hello,
      I' new using to Log4j , but due to its logging features I used this functi= onality in my product, but while testing I'm facing the following issues :

The log file is not getting executed as per the configuration i.e. I have s= et the max size for the RollingFileAppender as 10K and mxBackupIndex as 3, = but when the file size reaches 10K , it is not creating other instance of t= he log file instead appending the same file and increasing it size.

Following is my log4j properties configuration:

#log4j Property initialization for com.bmc

log4j.logger.com.bmc=3DINFO, R

log4j.appender.R=3Dorg.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender

log4j.appender.R.File=3D/usr/pw/pronto/logs/cellService.log

# Keep 10MB Max file size

log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=3D10MB

# Keep one backup file

log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=3D4

log4j.appender.R.layout=3Dorg.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=3D%-5p %d{MM/dd HH:mm:ss} %-20.20= c{1} %m%n

Kindly if anyone can suggest why the logging is happening in the single fil= e?

Regards,
Nitin R.