Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Ashish Jain <as...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/05 15:23:27 UTC

What new in Axis2?

Hi All!

I am new to apache Axis. Can someone tell me what is new in AXIS2 as
compared to the previous version?

Thanks in advance

regards
Ashish

Re: What new in Axis2?

Posted by Upul Godage <up...@gmail.com>.
Do you mean between,
Axis and Axis2
or
Axis2 1.2 and the latest release Axis2 1.3?

If you mean the latter, then the following is taken from the Axis2
1.3release note.

Major Changes Since 1.2:
- Moved to maven2 from maven1
- Significantly improved documentation
- Significantly improved support for POJO services and clients
- Significantly improved Deployment module and custom deployers
- Significantly improved support for Spring services
- Significantly improved Axis Data Binding (ADB) to increase schema
  coverage and overall stability
- Improved handler and module interfaces
- Improved Eclipse and Idea plugins
- Fixed tons of small and not-so-small bugs
- Major code cleanup and improved exception handling
- All the asynchronous MessageReceivers have been deprecated
- Deprecating the introspection to find init()/destroy() methods on service
classes.
- Deprecated the Callback interface [
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2/changesfrom1.2to1.3]
- Added a new phase called "Addressing" and moved all the addressing
handlers into that phase
- Name of the wsdl2java generated Exception classes changed.
  Earlier it had the Exception suffix and from Axis2 1.3 it has been removed
- Interface changed in ADB Datasource class
- Classpath module loading support

Upul

RE: What new in Axis2?

Posted by Raghu Upadhyayula <ru...@responsys.com>.
Ashish,

            Check this http://ws.apache.org/axis2/

Thanks

Raghu

________________________________

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Ashish Jain wrote:
> Hi!!
>          Thanks a lot for the quick response. I also want to know how
> these changes leads to improvement in the performance of AXIS2 over AXIS.
The most important feature which leads to performance improvements is
our XML processing framework. We have pull parser based on demand  XML
processing model called "Axiom", that helped us to improve both the
performance and memory usage compare to Axis1.

Thanks
Deepal

Re: What new in Axis2?

Posted by Ashish Jain <as...@gmail.com>.