Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by navnath kumbhar <ku...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/15 00:28:06 UTC

How to Implement search facility in Trinidad combo box.

Hi All,

I am trying to implement search facility in combo box, i.e. I have combo box
with some list of options which fetched from DB.
Now when I press K then combo filter and show me options which are started
with K, Next if I press A then filter combo options with KA and show it.
To fill combo I am using following code..

label="Transaction Document">
      <f:selectItems value="#{salesOrderBB.comboCDoctypetargetId}" />

This functionality implemented in Richfaces Please have a look on following
link
http://livedemo.exadel.com/richfaces-demo/richfaces/comboBox.jsf?c=comboBox&tab=usage

I think it's there in myfaces(Trinidad). I have Googled, but I didn't find.

Please help me out for this issue.

Thank you,
Navnath

RE: How to Implement search facility in Trinidad combo box.

Posted by Mike Quentel <mq...@4dm-inc.com>.
Hi Navnath,

Would be perfect if the search combo box could also accommodate a delimited
list of items (comma or semicolon delimited), just like YUI Autocomplete
does:

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/autocomplete/

Cheers,

Mike Quentel

Posted by Walter Mourão <wa...@gmail.com>.
You will have to use an external component, something like
http://code.google.com/p/trinidadcomponents/

Regards,

Walter Mourão
http://waltermourao.com.br