Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Demian Katz <de...@villanova.edu> on 2015/12/02 17:36:21 UTC

SOLR-2798 (local params parsing issue) -- how can I help?

Hello,

I'd really love to see a resolution to SOLR-2798, since my application has a bug that cannot be addressed until this issue is fixed.

It occurred to me that there's a good chance that the code involved in this issue is relatively isolated and testable, so I might be able to help with a solution even though I have no prior experience with the Solr code base. I'm just wondering if anyone can confirm this and, if so, point me in the right general direction so that I can make an attempt at a patch.

I asked about this a while ago in a comment on the JIRA ticket, but I have a feeling that nobody actually saw that - so I'm trying again here on the mailing list.

Any and all help greatly appreciated - and hopefully if you help me a little, I can contribute a useful fix back to the project in return.

thanks,
Demian